SMA | Summer 2019 Update
We would like to share some news with you as we approach the halfway point this year. We had a live stream yesterday, but unfortunately the video became corrupted. Please take a moment to listen to the podcast version of this live stream:
Here is an overview of what we discussed:
1) We will not have classes on Thursday, July 4th.
2) We will not have kids classes from July 21 - 27.
3) Spectrum 101 is being completely overhauled and will include all new lessons, techniques, and drills for BJJ, kickboxing, and more for both kids and adults.
4) Due to rapid growth we have added caps and waiting lists to many classes.
5) We are officially looking for a new location for our academy! If you know any warehouses/buildings/plots of land for sale let us know!
6) We are reorganizing our schedule and classes. We will be adding a 3-4 year old class. We will have new age groups based on developmental learning stages. The groups will be: 3-4, 5-7, 8-10, and 11-13. This change is being made to help improve class sizes and to allow for more specific instruction.
7) ALL kids classes will now be 2x per week - even the 3-4 year olds!
8) Students will have new attendance cards. These cards will have new curriculum on the back. These new categorized will be simpler to understand and allow for better interaction during stripe weeks.
9) Your child will be receiving their new attendance card and schedule change letter in the coming weeks.
10) Our new schedule will start August 1st!
Please let us know if you have any questions! Thank you for making 2019 a great year so far!
The SMA Team